El Dorado Springs High School Bulletin for Saturday, April 20, 2019
Sides: Salad, Cheesy Cauliflower Popcorn, Peaches
SPECIALTY BAR: Hot Dog Bar
April 24: Northwest Missouri State University
* 10th & 11th grade girls: The 2019 HERlead Application is NOW OPEN. This is a fellowship to provide leadership training to young women. Learn from inspiring women leaders from around the world and participate in Vital Voices’ signature leadership model training program. Attend the HERlead Leadership Forum in New York City June 24-27th, and become eligible to win a HERlead Grant to put your ideas into action. For more info and to apply, visit https://herlead.vitalvoices.org/
* Junior/Senior Girls 3M Nevada will be hosting Smart Girls Rock event at the 3M Nevada facility on Tuesday, April 23, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. This program brings Junior and Senior girls into the 3M Nevada site for a morning of education focused on STEM careers and what girls can do with a STEM degree. The girls will have an opportunity to learn about the different STEM career paths, meet with women who are working in STEM careers, and receive a tour of the 3M Nevada site. The emphasis of the Smart Girls Rock event is on education for girls who are seriously considering post high school education in STEM. If you are interested in attending – please let Mrs. Thompson know.
* Class of 2020 Apply for this $2500 Scholarship! The Better Business Bureau Student of Ethics Award Program recognizes HS students who personify high ethics demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity and academic history. *Write a 300 word essay on an ethical dilemma you have faced and how you resolved it *Fill out the app online including an academic transcript and letter of recommendation *Apply to BBB by May 31, 2019 at bbb.org/stlouis/student-of-ethics-awards
* Show Choir auditions will be held in the choir room on Tuesday, April 30th & Wednesday, May 1st. Sign up sheets are located outside the choir room door. Please see Miss. Fleming if you have any questions
* Ping-Pong championship will be held on Monday, Monday 22nd, at 6 pm in new community building. The prize is 20$. You are welcome to attend. The participation is free for EHS students and teachers.
* Attention students with Student Council experience: If you would like to run for an executive office of Stu-Co and will be a junior or senior next year, see Mr. Rentel to pick up a petition for office. These offices include the president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer of the student council. After these offices are filled, we will begin elections for the regular class officers and representatives.
* Attention Juniors and Seniors, Prom Tickets are now on sale! Please see Miss Swopes or Mrs. Rogers for your tickets today and seniors don't forget your ticket will be free. Tickets are $20 for Juniors and $25 for any guest that is not an EHS Junior or Senior. Make plans to join us on April 27th for Starry Night.
* If you are planning on going to Prom this year, you need to pick up a Prom Expectations Form from Mrs. Rogers or Miss Swopes and have it signed and turned in, in order to purchase a ticket. This applies to ALL prom attendees.
* Show Choir auditions will be held in the choir room on Tuesday, April 30th & Wednesday, May 1st. Sign up sheets are located outside the choir room door. Please pick up an audition from Miss. Fleming.
* Sign-ups for the spring blood drive will take place on Wednesday and Thursday during A and B lunch shifts. Look for the Student Council members with blood drive materials in the cafeteria to volunteer. If you don't have time to sign up at lunch, you can sign up in Mr. Rentel's room between classes. Contact Mr. Rentel if you have questions about the drive or about donation eligibility.
* Attention all current NHS members: Don't forget your service hours are due to Mr. Culbertson by this Thursday (April 25). Also, all prospective NHS members who are applying for membership next year: do not forget to turn in your application packets and reference letters to Mr. Culbertson by this Thursday (April 25) as well.
4/23 V/JV Baseball vs Buffalo (H) 4:30
4/23 Golf @ Eldon
4/23 Track @ SBU
4/26 V/JV Baseball vs Nevada (H) 4:30
4/29 V/JV Baseball @ Butler
4/30 V/JV Baseball @ Warsaw 5:00
4/30 Track @ SBU (OMC Conference Meet)